Our first Easter with Father Catania; not our first Easter Egg Hunt over at Joselyn Castle!
In 1915, when the present church was first built, a temporary ceiling was built in the nave just below the peak of the roof. A hundred years later, during what was supposed to be a fairly quick repainting of the nave, this temporary ceiling was found in poor shape, almost ready to collapse. This discovery resulted in a six-month-long renovation project where the old ceiling was removed, a new one put in all the way to the peak, and a new tile floor will also be put in during Easter 2017. Here is the project so far.
On All Souls' Day, the day after All Saints' Day, we have Masses to pray for the salvation of those who have died, particularly in the parish, as St. Paul asks us (c.f. 1 Timothy 2:1). The altar - and the priest - are dressed accordingly.